So many times we look for over sweaters, coats and clothes that can cover the most of our curves our body.
We try to hide those imperfections that just do not make us feel comfortable buying an over dress or a pair of wide palazzo pants!
Today I will absolutely not talk about the female body and form and i don’t want to spend words about how each of us is different and beautiful in its own way, just because this is a topic that i want to treat further and in a more gentle way 🙂
- Yes, it is a very dear theme to me! -
SUIT OVER: the pros
As I told you, today I want to address the issue of phantom over dress that we buy in the hope of hiding the shapes, curves and imperfections of our body;)!
- I want to start by the PROS of wearing an over a dress! -
1) the over dress perfectly hides the body shapes, the soft belly and the curvy legs !
2) the over dress can be worn at any age, and it will be really elegant if worn in the evening with a pair of heels and very perky in the morning when paired with a pair of ankle boots or low cuissardes !
3) the over dress can be combined with a pair of palazzo or culotte pants for a truly chic and original result!
SUIT OVER: all against
Obviously, if you want to choose an over dress you must also consider some “cons” that can disadvantage you.
1) If you have a narrow waist and wide hips, the over dress will make you look even more curvy. So my advice is to wear a belt that marks the waist and to girdle the dress.
2) The mini dress, in over version seems more short, so wear it with opaque tights and a pair of low-heeled shoes
- if you do not want to give up the heel, pair it with skinny pants -
3) Finally, if you want to hide your curves, but the height is not your strong point, the over dress won’t make your silhouette longer , so you strictly must to wear it with a pair of skinny pants and heels!
Considering all the pros and cons of the over dress, you will be able to match it for a "wow result" that will make you feel comfortable and look even more beautiful and radiant !!!
I matched my check over dress to a pair of boots with a low heel super soft and comfortable for a minimal and really essential result!
However, the true original touch is given by the wonderful handmade earrings by Francesco Russo, a Neapolitan jeweler who made me fall in love with his creations that you can peek on the site www.francescorussogioielli.com!
- I chose earrings with double circle with star and moon, but I think that you may find the model that best represents you and that, maybe, you can ask for Christmas :P -
dress – ZARA // booties – STUDIO CREAZIONI
Ph. Federica Ariemma